Saturday, February 16, 2013

DIY Granola!

I've been making my own granola (courtesy of Alton Brown's recipe--varying the ingredients a bit) for a couple years.  It is cheaper and healthier.  This recipe only costs about $3.50/lb to make.  That's about half the cost of store-bought granola!

 
first you mix together the dry ingredients (minus the salt--this is added in with the wet ingredients)
 
then you combine the oil, maple syrup and salt
 
 after combining wet and dry ingredients, spread on two baking sheets and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 min./stir every 15 minutes for even brown-ness
 
after baking, pour granola into container and add your last ingredient--the dried fruit...sometimes I use raisins, but here I'm using large plump dried sour cherries
 
 
this was my reward after baking it--YUM!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment