Saturday, February 9, 2013

PLANTING DAY!

We've had one nice sunny day in the midst of rainy weather and I get Spring Fever!  My husband and I started a blueberry patch last year and decided to also add a strawberry patch around it.  We love growing our own food whenever possible--and it'll hopefully save me a trip to the large commercial strawberry patches during canning season.

this is the little patch for the blueberries and strawberries
 
 
 
Then the "planting bug" bit me and I potted a houseplant clipping that has been rooting in water.
 
this pot has been "weathering" outdoors all fall and winter--I liked the cracked paint on it (saved me money from buying a new one!)
 
this clipping was from a friend--a great idea for getting new houseplants without spending the money--you can trade clippings with a friend!
 
 
did you know houseplants are great for our well-being??  they take all be bad stuff out of the air and put in all the good stuff!
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment